Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blocked Fallopian Tube


It has been a while since I posted last. I guess it's because after my testing last week I had to deal with things emotionally. I went for my repeat hysterosalpingogram and it didn't go so well. I was lying on the table, they injected the dye and at first NOTHING. I leaned over and said to the doctor, "something isn't right is it?". She said, just relax and lets see if we can get these tubes working. She had me roll from side to side-which by the way isn't the most comfortable thing but I did it. Well after a few minutes one of the tubes began to work but the other was blocked. From that point on, all I remember is "your tube is blocked" and "you might need surgery". I was devastated. In my head I am thinking how am I going to afford this as insurance won't cover anything and now this is pushing everything back (as far as having a baby goes). The moral of this story is my husband needs to be there for my tests. I really thought because I had one done before and everything was fine, there was no need to come. But to be honest he does because I guess I don't hear everything the doctor says and especially if something is wrong. It is just good to have a second set of ears.

No comments: