Sunday, June 1, 2008

In Honor of Little Maxie


It has been a while since my last post. Things have been busy around here. Unfortunately we had to put Maxwell to sleep last Monday May 26. He was 13 years old and had been diagnosed with Cushing's Syndrome a few years ago. He was doing okay for him, David usually carried him out to the grass to be walked and he slept most of the day- well last weekend he took a turn for the worse. It was really said, he started to have problems breathing, he wouldn't eat, drink, go to the bathroom or sleep. As hard as it was, and it is hard we had to put him to sleep. Needless to say, I had a rough week. The first few days, all I could do was cry and just look for him-now I am getting a little stronger and I keep telling myself he is in a better place now. The hardest part is when I come home from work and the house feels empty. Since I also have had him for 13 years it really is hard to remember life without him. We will always love him and he will have a special place in our hearts.
We love you Maxie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sad for you. I know what it's like to lose such a long-term friend, and I know you'll have an empty spot for him. He sounds like he lived a very long and loved life.